|Video summary of Smart Teachers 2018
Selection of participants
After an online application process, 37 teachers working in urban and rural areas from 8 Cameroonian regions were selected to participate in Smart Teachers 2018.
Training and community of practice
Participants received 16 hours of theorical and practical training. Training modules included the following.
- Relevance of the usage of computer science to improve education (by Pr Daniel Tieudjo, AIMS-TTP)
- How to use computer science to improve teaching practice (by Pr Frida Longo, Cert’Num Sup)
- How to realize a project with high school students (by Christelle Tayou – Technovation Cameroon and Nathalie Tekam – GetReady)
- Computational thinking (by Nathalie Tekam, GetReady)
- How to build engaging teaching content (by Nathalie Tekam, GetReady)
- Presentation of smartboards (by Georges Niatchak, AIMS-TTP)
- Presentation of relevant content creation computer science tools (by Christian Tchepmou, Smart Attitude)
- Initiation to programming (by Arielle Kitio, CAYSTI)
- Programming with Scratch (by Nathalie Tekam, GetReady)
The training and COP continued face to face and online on a dedicated elearning workspace configured on Kebisu (www.kebisu.com). A monitoring and evaluation meeting was held on July 6th, 2018. The participating teachers shared how they applied the training they received, and looked for solutions to difficulties encountered in coaching students in the framework of the ongoing project competition.
At the end of the face-to-face training, participating teachers formed and coached teams of students, who worked on projects that were defended at the end of Smart Teachers 2018 edition in front of a panel of experienced teachers and STEM professionals. The goal of the project competition was to serve as an application framework for the training. Teachers used the tools and methods learned during the training to improve the transmission of their skills, and to show their students how to use what they learn in classrooms, to solve concrete problems. Team members who will submit the best projects will receive technology prizes.
5 tech prizes have been awarded to teams and individuals.
| 1st prize : Team NSOLLO Victor Désirée
||2nd prize : Team MBA Arsène Nathanael||3rd prize : Team GODA Julio|
|(1 laptop and 5 tablets)||(1 tablet and 5 smartphones)||(1 smartphone et 4 USB keys)|
|Projet: Design and realization of a digital kit for the awareness about proper management of menstrual hygiene||Projet: Design of digital media to facilitate the teaching-learning process||Projet : Installation of a solar power supply in a rural home|
|Best teaching content creator : M. Tatseda Herman||Special prize for the youngest contestant :
Mlle BELLA Diane Serena
|(1 tablet)||(1 USB key)|