Applications are closed now.
Smart Teachers is a professional development program for teachers. Goals of SMART TEACHERS are:
- to train STEM teachers in the optimal use of computer science in their pedagogical approach;
- to reward teachers who have used their knowledge in creative and innovative ways to get their students to solve real-world problems through computer science.
The program is organized by GetReady with the support of partners including Google CS4HS (now Educators grants), Women Enhancing Technology – WeTech (a program of the International Institute of Education – IIE), Kebisu (an ITISS Edu solution), AIMS-MasterCard Foundation Mathematics Teachers Training Program (AIMS-TTP Cameroon) and Girls In Tech Cameroon.
WHAT ARE THE PROGRAM’S AXES ?
- Applications are received until May 18th, 2018 at 23:59. Interested teachers can fill the application form (“female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply”)
- Selected teachers take classroom and online courses about how to improve their teaching methodology using computer science, then observe and share their expertise with each others
- Teachers form teams with students of their choice, to work on the project of their choice allowing them to contribute to solving a concrete problem of their environment using computer science (and any other concept seen in class)
- Teams’ projects are presented to a jury made up of professionals from industry, computer science and STEM fields (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) in general.
- At the end of the competition, the best teacher, his/her students and his/her school are awarded
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE IN THE PROGRAM ?
Any secondary school teacher in one or more STEM subject(s) practicing in Cameroon.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE ?
Interested teachers can fill the application form before May 18th 2018 at 23h59. Access to the program is completely free.
WHAT DO THE TEACHERS GAIN ?
- At the end of the competition, the winners will win prizes including a laptop, tablets / smartphones, etc.
- Professional development
- Recognition of their competence and creativity, as well as that of their school and their students.